Hi everyone, whoever everyone is. I hope your day has been swell & you’re ready for the final post in my FOBuary Favorite FOB Songs by Album. I saved my favorite album for last, & I’m so sorry that it’s freaking JUNE & this was supposed to be done in FEBUARY! Ugh! Life is life though-an endless parade of obstructions & sudden changes.
Now, for your briefing on Save Rock & Roll, the album that I will be naming my favorites from today:
- Save Rock & Roll is the 5th studio album released by Fall Out Boy.
- In 2013 Save Rock & Roll was released, after years of anticipation & worries.
- There are 11 songs on the album, which although short, is as meaty & full as you’d expect from an album twice its size.
- The track listing includes: The Phoenix, Save Rock & Roll (ft. Elton John), Alone Together, Where Did The Party Go, My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light ‘Em Up), Just One Yesterday (ft. Foxes), Young Volcanoes, The Mighty Fall (ft. Big Sean), Death Valley, & Rat a Tat (ft. Courtney Love).
Buisness time! Let’s go!
First, I want to say that this was EXTREMELY hard to pick, because I love all of the songs on this album (well, I just really like Rat a Tat, but still). This album…it’s just a masterpiece to me.
In the end, I wound up with this, in no particular order:
- The Pheonix
- Save Rock & Roll
- Just One Yesterday
- My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light ‘Em Up)
……but I couldn’t go without 2 honorable mentions: Where Did The Party Go & The Mighty Fall. It was just too hard!
For a little commentary/explaination/ comment/note on my choice of My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light ‘Em Up) being in my favorites, please view my post My Top 18 Favorite Songs of All Time by Fall Out Boy” at https://keelythecynicalrejectblogger.wordpress.com/2019/04/26/my-top-18-favorite-songs-of-all-time-by-fall-out-boy/
I promise this is a legitimate link & not me just feeding you a computer virus or me trying to hack into your accounts! 🙂
Have a great day,
As always anything- I mean anything-you feel like saying-leave it in the comments! Thoughts, suggestions, comments, feedback, stories, ramble-whatever.
I’m sorry this post was kinda boring-I’ve got more to come that are going to be more interesting, trust me (if you want, that is.)
P.S-I don’t get the album cover either-I’m sure there’s a really good explaination for it, but I’m not in the mood to go digging through the Internet for it.